IHS Markit will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® at IFA, the official press event during the IFA tradeshow in Berlin, Germany.
These awards allow technology companies to showcase their ingenuity and innovation to an audience of key journalists from around the globe as well as to the industry and to consumer and business users”
— Lisa Arrowsmith
LONDON, UK, July 24, 2019 /EINPresswire.com/ — IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® at IFA, the official press event during the IFA tradeshow in Berlin, Germany.
Judges will evaluate new consumer electronics, home appliances, mobile devices and Internet services introduced during ShowStoppers, 5 Sept. 2019, 6-9 pm, Hall 1, on the Messe Berlin Fairgrounds (www.ifa-berlin.com).
“We’re thrilled to once again judge the companies and products that are introduced at ShowStoppers at IFA,” said Lisa Arrowsmith, executive director and head of consumer technology solutions at IHS Markit. “These awards allow technology companies to showcase their ingenuity and innovation to an audience of key journalists from around the globe as well as to the industry and to consumer and business users.”
About the awards
The IHS Markit Innovation Awards will recognize the most innovative products from companies that exhibit at ShowStoppers @ IFA in the following categories:
• AR, VR and gaming
• Fitness, wearables and health devices
• Mobile accessories
• Mobile computing
• Personal entertainment
• Robotics and drones
• Smart home and appliances
• Video displays and devices
Judges for the awards are renowned industry analysts at IHS Markit who cover mobile and related industries:
• Anna Ahrens, senior analyst, smartphone and mobile
• Liliana Alvarez, senior analyst, smart home and appliances
• Paul Gray, research and analysis director, TV, consumer electronics and devices
• Dinesh Kithany, lead industry analyst, wireless power & power supply
• Blake Kozak, principal analyst, smart home and security technology
• Ken Park, research and analysis director, TV, consumer electronics and devices
• Gerrit Schneemann, senior analyst, smartphones
Winners of the IHS Market Innovation Awards selected last year during ShowStoppers @ IFA 2018 included:
• AR, VR and gaming: MERGE Cube from MERGE, https://mergevr.com/, a holographic object that can be held in the palm of the hand.
• Fitness, wearables and health devices: ReSound LiNX Quattro™ from GN Hearing, https://www.resound.com/, a high-dynamic-range hearing aid.
• Mobile accessories: Spire Studio from iZotope, https://www.izotope.com/, a one-touch professional recording studio.
• Mobile computing: Pocketalk from Sourcenext, https://www.pocketalk.net/, an AI-powered, instant voice translation device.
• Personal entertainment: Jabra Elite Active 65t from Jabra, http://www.jabra.com/, wireless earbuds for sports, music and calls.
• Smart home and appliances: Airthings Wave Plus from Airthings AS, https://airthings.com/, a wirelessly connected, battery-operated indoor air-quality monitor with radon detection.
• Video displays and devices: Dell 27 USB-C Ultrathin (S2719DC) from Dell, https://www.dell.com/, an ultra-thin USB-C monitor with glass light-guide plate (LGP) technology.
Award application process
Companies exhibiting at ShowStoppers can apply for an award and obtain more detailed information by visiting http://awards.showstoppers.com/
Companies may submit up to three candidate products, technologies or services for IHS Markit Innovation Awards. IHS Markit and ShowStoppers have agreed to an embargo on any announcements that should not be made public prior to the awards.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2018 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.
About ShowStoppers (www.showstoppers.com)
Now in its 25th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, Mobile World Congress and Mobile World Congress Americas, among others; and official press events at CES, CE Week, IFA and NAB.
To sign up to meet the press at ShowStoppers press events around the world, contact Dave Leon (firstname.lastname@example.org), +1 845 638 3527; or Lauren Merel (email@example.com), +1 908-692-6068, or Jennifer Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org), +44 7923378991.
ShowStoppers is a registered trademark of LLJ Ltd., dba ShowStoppers. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are acknowledged.
email us here
Visit us on social media:
Source: EIN Presswire